Herbert Arthur Fisher was born on in Portlock, Virginia, to Charles Cleveland Fisher and Sally Latimer. He served in the Pacific Air Command of the United States Army and the 1938th Corps of Engineers of the Army Air Corps and was discharged as a T/5 (Technician, 5th Class). He married his beautiful bride, Phyllis, on April 23, 1977.
Bro. Fisher began his legendary journey in our fraternity by joining South Norfolk Lodge No. 339 over 55 years ago. Initiated February 1949; Passed and Raised in March and April, respectively, in the same year. Since that time, he presided over many bodies and Grand bodies and has received some of the highest honors that can be conferred to any Master Mason, nationally and internationally.
He served as:
- Grand Representative of the Grand Lodge of Romania near the Grand Lodge of Virginia
- The Right Eminent Grand Commander of Virginia
- Honorary Past Department Commander
- Senior Aide de Camp for five Most Eminent Grand Masters of the Grand Encampment, equaling a total of 15 years of service
- Preceptor of Garden of Gethsemane Tabernacle, HRAKTP
- Puissant Sovereign of St. Polycarp Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine
- Intendant General for the Red Cross of Constantine, Division of Virginia
- Chief Adept, Virginia College, MSRICF
- Secretary General of the High Council, MSRICF
- Great Chancellor and Great Prior of the Great Priory of America, CBCS
- Sovereign Master of the Council of Nine Muses
- Most Venerable Sovereign Grand Master and Grand Secretary- Treasurer of the Allied Masonic Degrees of the United States
His various honors included:
- Recipient of the Knight Commander of the Temple and Knight Grand Cross of the Temple from the Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the United States
- Recipient of the Chevaliers Grand Croix De La Sainte Sagesse, Honorary, of France
- Recipient of the Knight Grand Cross for five national organizations
- First Recipient of the Marvin Edward Fowler Distinguished Service Award of A.M.D.
- DeMolay Legion of Honor
- Honorary Past Secretary General of the Rosicrucians in France and Portugal
- Knight Commander of Constantine award of the Red Cross of Constantine
Please keep his lady, Phyllis and their family in your thoughts and prayers. He was a friend and mentor for 30 years and will be dearly missed.
Jeffrey G. Burcham, KCT
Past Department Commander
Grand Encampment of Knights Templar
Virginia Pilot Obit
Virginia Beach - Herbert Arthur Fisher, 90, passed away on August 21, 2015.
Born on November 19, 1924, in South Norfolk, VA, he was the son of the late Charles and Sallie Fisher. In 1951, he married Jacqueline Anne Wentz (deceased). From this union three children were born: Kelly Ann Cappetta (David), Todd Steven Fisher and Kerry Irene Fisher. In April of 1977, he married the former Phyllis W. Buckman, the mother of five: Tara Velise Buckman, Carla Buckman Lyle (deceased), Kendal Buckman Wyatt (Chuck), Dana Buckman Hale (Jim) and R. Scott Buckman. He is also survived by twelve grandchildren, Meredith, Taryn, Brandy, Jessica, Anastasia, Scott, Galyna, Rachel, Haily, Victoria, Ethan and Christian and five great grandchildren.
Herb was a life-long Mason, an aide to five Grand Masters of the Grand Encampment of the USA, a Soverign Grand Master of the Allied Masonic Degrees of the USA, and multiple other masonic affiliations.
The family will receive friends at Hollomon-Brown Funeral Home, Lynnhaven Chapel on Monday, Aug. 24, 2015 from 4 to 5 p.m. The memorial service will follow at 5 p.m. Monday in the funeral home chapel. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to American Heart Association . Condolences may be offered to the family at:
See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pilotonline/obituary.aspx?n=herbert-a-fisher&pid=175560813&fhid=23367#sthash.iAreCPNr.dpuf